What is a Crystal Meth overdose? It is when an user takes more of the drug than their body can tolerate. A person experiencing an overdose will suffer from profuse sweating, rapid breathing, increased heart rate, and dilated pupils. They will also experience a high temperature, kidney failure, and cardiovascular collapse. This all happens very quickly!
Crystal Meth increases arousal in the central nervous system by pumping up levels of two neurotransmitters, norepinephrine and dopamine. At low doses, it boosts alertness and blocks hunger and fatigue. At higher doses, it causes exhilaration and euphoria. At very high doses, the drug can cause agitation, paranoia, and bizarre behavior. Physical effects include increased heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature.
A Crystal Meth overdose can occur at relatively low levels of the drug (50 milligrams of pure Crystal Meth for a non-tolerant user). There is no way of predicting a "safe"' level of Crystal Meth use because each person's metabolic rates are different and the strength of the drug varies batch to batch. Crystal Meth is highly addictive and users often continue to take the drug to avoid an inevitable crash that comes when the drugs' positive effects begin to wear off.
Symptoms of a Crystal Meth overdose include: